Loise Wangechi Ndung’u is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a Commissioner of Oaths. She holds a Master of Laws degree from the Australian National University, a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Nairobi, a Bachelor of Arts (First Class Honours) from the University of Nairobi, a Graduate Diploma in Australian Law, and a Kenya School of Law Diploma.
She has worked internationally and locally. She has been in both private practice and public service. She has previously worked for the Judiciary of Kenya, Supreme Court, as an advocate/legal researcher/ law clerk before delving back into private practice.
She has a talent for identifying and resolving complex legal issues. She possesses a vast array of legal skills including but not limited to rendering legal: advice, analysis, research, drafting, and opinion writing. She is an avid reader, purposeful about the law and policy, and always keen to find effective speedy resolutions to legal conundrums combining knowledge in Law, Political Science and Sociology.
She is currently the Advisor, Strategy to the Hon. Chief Justice.
The role of the strategy advisor is to advise the Chief Justice about business strategies and developments that Judiciary can adopt for effective service delivery.
- Advising on strategies of enhancing legal efficiencies in the Judiciary;
- Providing strategic Legal, Social and Political analysis and advice to the Chief Justice;
- Reviewing and assessing the extent to which Judiciary Projects are aligned to the Judiciary vision; Social Transformation through Access to Justice (STAJ);
- Formulate a legal and social multi-faceted strategy, in collaboration with the OCJ technical team and relevant Stakeholders, to realize STAJ;
- Providing in-depth perspectives on Judiciary development projects;
- Foster partnerships with institutional leadership, committees, and consultants to support Judiciary initiatives;
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Judiciary and expose Judiciary initiatives internally and externally;
- Creating legal insight of STAJ internally and externally and formulating feedback loops;
- Advising the Chief Justice on how to improve the Legal health of STAJ and judicial services;
- Keeping abreast of STAJ projects and updating the Chief Justice on the same;
- Facilitating Performance Management, mentoring, guidance, and counseling of staff;
- Any other duties assigned by the Chief Justice.